Frequently Asked Questions About Erasmus Applications
1. Language requirements for placement:
- The current requirements mandate students going to Universidad de La Laguna to have a Spanish A2 and Universita degli Studi di Perugia to have an Italian B1 proficiency. You MUST have proof of proficiency for these two universities when you make your Erasmus application for placement.
- English is currently sufficient for all other universities. However, TU Eindhoven requires an IELTS exam score equivalent to level C1 or higher, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha requires a score (from an international exam like TOEFL, IELTS..) equivalent to B1 or higher (You will need this proof of proficiency if you are placed to this university – so it is not needed when you make Erasmus applications for placement). The partner universities may update these requirements at any time.
2. Language requirements for courses: The courses offered at the partner universities where English proficiency is sufficient may change at each semester, however based on previous semesters, students usually could find courses offered in English. However, there could be some semesters in which due to several factors, you may not be able to enroll in a total of 30 ECTS credits taught in English.
3. Course equivalence: Depending on the partner university you could find courses equivalent to IE Restricted, Breadth or Humanities and Social Science (HSS) Elective courses. Our past experience shows the following electives are MORE LIKELY to be taken at the following partner universities (however it is not guaranteed):
- TU Eindhoven: IE Restricted and Breadth
- TU Wien: IE Restricted and Breadth
- Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha: IE Restricted and Breadth
- Universidade do Minho: IE Restricted and Breadth
- Universita degli Studi di L’Aquila: IE Restricted and Breadth
- Universita degli Studi di Modena Reggio Emilia: (New Agreement – not yet clear)
- Universita degli Studi di Perugia: Breadth and HSS
- Universite Paris-Dauphine: Breadth and HSS